Early on people tried to cope with the tedious threshing of the grain in heavy manual labor - mechanical helpers had to come from! The history of the threshing machines begins already 1786 with a Schlagleistendrescher of the Scottish mechanical engineer Andrew Meikle. Since then, the machines have been further refined and improved. Initially powered by horsepowers or steam engines - occasionally also by hand - the threshers were finally powered by electric, stationary combustion engines or tractors. The threshing machines, also known as "threshing boxes", were initially made of wood before the revolutionary "steel lance" in all-steel construction was introduced in 1929. Gradually, this technical achievement was expanded and improved,
In addition to various pictures and historical plans, an original model also inspired the model. In an old barn in the Vogtland open air museum Landwüst (district of Markneukirchen) a Lanz threshing machine could be located. This made it possible to clarify open questions. Even if the good old piece is already "aged", it is still in relatively good condition, so that in particular the color scheme and structure could be easily removed. (The picture shows the Dreschwagen with lowered roof gallery, so that it can more easily retract into the low barn.)
The miniature is modeled on the model from the year around 1911, a time in which one did not think of a fully automatic combine harvester. The model is the perfect complement for historic plants - or as a barn find or "eye-catcher" for systems with a more modern model.